- Prof. Juan Escrig has been named by Conicyt as the Chilean Candidate for the APEC Science Prize for Innovation, Research and Education (ASPIRE).
- Prof. Juan Escrig has been honored with prestigious IAAM Scientist Medal of year 2017 for notable and outstanding research in the Advanced Materials Science & Technology.
- Virtual Special Issue on Women in Physics 2017.
- Prof. Juan Escrig is one of the Outstanding Reviewer Award winners for 2016, in recognition of the high quality and timeliness of reviews for Nanotechnology.
- Interview with Dr. Escrig published on "UdeSantiago al día" - November 02, 2016.
- Prof. Juan Escrig was invited to become an Honorary Editor of Advanced Material Letters.
- Interview with Drs. Juan Escrig and Juan Luis Palma published on "El Mercurio" - December 18, 2016.
- Prof. Juan Escrig was invited to serve as an invited speaker at the 2017 MRS Spring Meeting Symposium ES12: Soft Magnetic Materials for Next Generation Power Electronics being held April 17 - 21, 2017 in Phoenix, Arizona, USA.
- Prof. Juan Escrig was invited as a member of the Materials and Technologies for Energy Conversion Saving and Storage (MATECSS) Chair.